QuickBooks Document Management
SmartVault offers a unique Toolbar plug-in for QuickBooks® creating a seamless user experience for scanning, attaching, and finding documents right from inside QuickBooks.
QuickBooks is the system of record for millions of small businesses, and the primary repository of all financial data. SmartVault adds tremendous value to your business by allowing you to attach and store all source documents directly to transactions in QuickBooks – so QuickBooks becomes the repository for all financial data as well as all related source documents.
Seamless QuickBooks integration and so much more
- Ability to attach documents to transactions, journal entries, customers, vendors, employees – more than 30 different places in QuickBooks
- Control over who has access to what document and mirror your document security with your data security controls in QuickBooks
- Electronic Inbox – a great desktop tool for scanning and uploading files to kick off a paperless workflow – also great for large file transfers
- Secure, offsite backup of all your documents
- Anytime, anywhere access to all your documents from any web browser or mobile device, including our new iPad app!
- Ability to backup and restore your QuickBooks company file – a safe and secure way to share your QuickBooks company file with your accountant or bookkeeper
- One solution to store and securely share all of your files – not just those associated with QuickBooks
Charlie Russell, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, says…
Document management is part of every critical business process… documents should be available at every step and there should be a single repository for your documents – that is a big reason to consider SmartVault... more »
Compare SmartVault & QuickBooks Doc Center
QuickBooks 2012 offers local ‘attached document’ functionality, but make sure you are educated on the pros and cons of using this feature. The documents are saved in a publicly accessible folder that is stored adjacent to your QuickBooks company file. So anyone who has access to QuickBooks also has access to these documents.
Use QuickBooks if you:
- Are a sole practitioner or SMB with 1 QB user
- Aren't storing sensitive info (SSN, credit card no.) - docs are stored in the clear with no security or encryption
- Don't need to access or share these docs (with your accountant or anyone else)
- Have a local back up option for your docs (docs stored locally are not included in backup)
- Have a QB backup solution
Use SmartVault if you need:
- Online document storage - offsite backup of all docs, secure and encrypted
- Granular security management - access and share files securely
- QB backup / restore for sharing with an accountant (datafile and attached docs)
- Inbox and scanner wizards for easy upload and attach directly to QB
- Store all docs, not just those attached to QB
Webinar - QuickBooks Document Management... and Beyond!
Hear from a Certified Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor about how SmartVault stacks up to QuickBooks Attached Documents.
Integration with other Apps – only from SmartVault
Scan a document into a customer record in your CRM system, find that document attached to the same customer record inside QuickBooks! Only SmartVault gives you integration of attached documents across applications, including expense management, CRM, and others.
Hosting Your Apps?
SmartVault has partnered with the leading application service providers including Right Networks, Insynq, Cloud9, Swizznet and nGenx