IRS Regulations and Identity Theft – Are You Following The Rules & Are You At Risk
Learn the importance of KBA’s and the regulations explaining why our role as practitioners is now critical.
In this webinar, we will be discussing the importance of KBA’s and the regulations explaining why our role as practitioners has become critical. Identities, both personal and business, are valuable products for those who steal them and sell them or use them for their own benefit. But this conversation is much more than stealing identities. Situations such as innocent spouse cases with the IRS may put you in another risk area. Come to hear Dawn W. Brolin, CPA, CFE and Eric Green, Esq discuss the importance of identity protection and your involvement and responsibilities.
- Learn about how the IRS views the importance of identity verification for Form 8879.
- Understand the identity theft of individuals and businesses and how your clients can protect themselves.
- Education about Innocent Spouse cases and where your liability as a preparer stands.
- Learn about how you can use KBA authorized e-signature software to help you minimize the risk of identity theft when sending Form 8879.
- Understand how to use technology to help protect you during your busy season.