In this digital age of new technology and changing industries, the old adage, “time is money”, has never been truer. With the start of another new year, the traditional methods of exchanging files with clients are unnecessary and time consuming. So then in 2019, how do businesses streamline their workflow?
Enter the client portal. By cutting out paper and storing all your clients’ files in one, central location, you can remove the tedious tasks that suck up your time. Below are 7 benefits of a client portal that will end up saving you time (and money!).
- Never lose an email or file. Often, searching for a specific file or communication in your inbox can be time consuming and frustrating. Emails are often deleted, stored in the wrong folder, or accidentally redirected to spam. A client portal allows both you and your clients to send, receive, and access documents from one, easy-to-view location – saving you time and headaches.
- Access files anytime, anywhere. A client portal gives you access to your files, regardless of where you’re at. Don’t lose valuable time because a file exists only on one machine that might be temporarily inaccessible, or worse, destroyed.
- Sign documents instantly. With eSignature integration, a client portal lets clients sign documents with ease from any location, on any device. No longer do you need to spend hours or even days printing, scanning, or mailing documents. Built-in tracking lets you see who has opened or signed a document, so you can easily view any bottlenecks in the workflow.
- Backup files with version history. Document version history provides a backup of your files in case of deletion or errors in recent versions. Avoid hunting for an old version or requesting a copy from your client.
- Organize files automatically. According to IDC data, workers spend “about 2.5 hours per day, or roughly 30% of the workday, searching for information.” With a client portal, you can reduce this time dramatically by having your documents file automatically to the correct folder. Visit our interactive calculator to see just how much time you can save.
- Batch communications. Save time by automating the distribution of routine documents to clients. Send financial statements, tax organizers and tax returns to 5, 50 or 500 clients with a single click.
- Automate notifications. You and your clients know right away when a file is uploaded, downloaded, or signed thanks to automatic notifications. You and your staff are alerted when you have the information you need to begin work for a client, and clients enjoy instant access to their documents when you’re finished.
A client portal organizes your files, and provides 24/7 access for your clients, allowing you to pursue what really matters – focusing on your business. Interested in learning more about the benefits of a client portal? Check out how SmartVault’s built-in client portal helps firms streamline their files and take back their time.