Take Cybersecurity in Your Business to the Next Level
Imagine sending an email to all of your clients with a subject line like this—” Attention, We Got Hacked!”—sounds dreadful, doesn’t it? It’s almost a guarantee that you’ll soon be inundated with anxious clients checking in to see if their information is compromised.
Cyber-attacks aimed at firms that handle sensitive information are on the rise. While you need to play your part in educating yourself and your employees on how to prevent accidental insider breaches, your technology partner should also act as a line of defense that protects your data against constant external threats.
At SmartVault, we help businesses securely store and share files online so you can focus your time on doing what you do best—bringing quality services to your clients. We handle your data in the following ways that can take cybersecurity in your business to the next level.
1) We offer the best-in-class security by building it into the product.
Our platform is built with the Software-as-a-Service industry’s highest security standards. We fully encrypt your data, whether it’s in transit or at rest. It means that even if an external hacker gets a hold of your data, they won’t be able to see the confidential content
In comparison, if you’re using your local servers to store documents and your server isn’t configured to fully encrypt sensitive data, a hacker who gains access to one employee’s computer will have access to all the files stored on the network. One data breach can easily turn into an organization-wide nightmare.
2) We protect you from ransomware by hosting everything in the cloud.
Cloud technology has evolved significantly over the last decade. Many even argue that it’s more secure than most basic servers. Although we’re not here to debate which solution is more secure (because the answer is “it depends”.), we can confidently say that SmartVault’s cloud storage solution can better protect you from ransomware. Here’s how.
- Data stored in the cloud is less vulnerable to ransomware attacks that infect your local servers. Ransomware often lands on a local device and encrypts files by scanning local disks. When your data is in the cloud, the ransomware can’t easily encrypt or lock your cloud-based files. This added layer of protection makes cloud storage a safer option against ransomware attacks.
- Your documents and metadata are always stored using highly redundant replicated storage. Multiple copies of metadata and documents are stored in various locations and backed up regularly to ensure that your information is always recoverable.
3) We take an “authenticated-access-only” approach to prevent accidental security breaches.
SmartVault only allows authenticated access to your documents. In other words, documents stored in SmartVault are only available if you log into the service or share the documents with another user who is also logged into the service. This authenticated approach prevents accidental sharing of sensitive content. It also keeps unauthorized users from accessing your confidential information.
Besides authenticated access, SmartVault has robust role-based permission controls where you can assign levels of access rights according to a user’s role and involvement with a client or a project. We also keep an automatic, time-stamped log of all activities that happen to a document, giving total transparency and visibility to the history of your information.
4) We give you total peace of mind with security at no additional cost.
Staying on top of your cybersecurity doesn’t have to take an arm and a leg. With a partner like SmartVault, you can rest assured that your most valuable information is safeguarded by the best-in-class security measures available. Plus, when you store and share documents using SmartVault, we take care of the maintenance and upkeep of your information at all times. It’s hassle-free to you, and you get to enjoy total peace of mind at no additional cost.