Current Openings: Full Stack Developer
Who We Are
SmartVault, part of the international GetBusy brand
What We’re Looking For
A strong and experienced full stack developer with excellent front end development skills who can help us take over the world
Where We Are
Houston, TX, USA
There are exciting times ahead here at SmartVault as we rapidly grow our successful business and we need more Full Stack Developers to help build some seriously cool stuff! You’ll need to be smart, experienced and highly motivated to make the grade.
Our Culture & Benefits
As well as getting to be part of an awesome team doing amazing things, you’ll get to be part of the SmartVault family and enjoy all the benefits that brings.
Our values are important to us and need to be important to you too.
You can expect a collaborative environment, where the number one goal is to strive to solve problems for our customers. We use data to make informed decisions, and we work hard to be transparent with each other and with our customers. At the end of the day, we are a technology company whose ultimate purpose is to make people’s lives better at work, so they can focus on higher value activities in their business or personal life.
We want our team members to be smart, self-motivated, adaptable, courageous and passionate about work and about life! We seek to hire the best person for every position, offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as a casual work environment with a snack-stocked kitchen and various forms of caffeine, a generous vacation plan and time off for volunteer efforts, company matching 401K plan, company sponsored events, and a competitive health insurance plan.
The SmartVault development team are using agile principles to deliver the highest quality products to hundreds of thousands of users. And that’s only just the start!
It’s a great team, producing great products in a great way. We offer you the opportunity to:
- be part of a highly specialized, collaborative and motivated team
- learn from and be inspired by skilled colleagues
- teach and inspire others
- work across the entire product lifecycle
- develop your skill set – research and adopt the latest design patterns, methodologies, principles, and technologies
- make your mark, and in doing so, make us better
We are looking for a motivated Full Stack Developer to join our agile cross-functional product team with dedicated Product Management, DevOps and QA, building an exciting product using a wide variety of technologies, practices and processes.
Above all, you will demonstrate real passion for technology, delivery and best practices.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals
- Excellent skills in C#
- Experience building modern web applications
- Experience working with RDBMS such as MySQL
- Building and consuming REST services
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Picking up new skills quickly and eager to learn new things
- Desire to make things better and foster good development practices within the team
- Working with designers
- Working to coding guidelines
- Working in an agile team
Helpful Skills & Experience
- Exposure to SaaS software design, development, deployment and maintenance
- Experience working with cloud platforms: AWS / Azure
- Responsive web design
- Automated testing – TDD / BDD
- Entity Framework or another ORM framework
- Experience working with one or more of the following: ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, CouchBase, Scala
- Familiarity with WinForms application development
- OAuth 2.0
What You Need to Be
We’re looking for a certain type of person. Rockstars! We want people:
- that care
- that take ownership of and pride in their work
- with a hands-on approach
- with a flexible and positive attitude
- with excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to fully participate in a team environment
- with the desire and ability to learn quickly on the job
- with a proven ability and love for problem solving, lateral thinking and presenting solutions to project stakeholders
How We Roll
- Step #1 – We’ll give you a buzz (video call) and chat to check you out (15-30 minutes)
- Step #2 – If we think you are right for us, we’ll arrange a remote technical interview with verbal, written and practical elements (60-90
- minutes). We may ask you to do some preparatory work in advance
- Step #3 – Your doing well if you get here. Come to our office and meet us face-to-face (60-90 minutes)
- Step #4 – We’ll ask to speak to people you have worked with before so have your reference contact details ready