Senior Marketing Manager
SmartVault, a B2B SaaS company located in Houston, TX, is currently seeking a creative, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our dynamic and growing global marketing team as the Senior Marketing Manager. The Senior Marketing Manager will lead the strategy and execution of demand generation activities for the US region to help maintain and grow a healthy sales pipeline that converts leads to revenue.
In this role, your number one metric is the sales goal, with predictive KPIs such as demo requests, MQLs, SALs, and SQLs following. We’re looking for a team player that thrives in a highly collaborative environment to get sh*t done. We’re a small team that makes a big impact, so we need a go-getter that’s ready to jump right into the action!
Manage the inbound lead funnel and all demand generation activities
- Strategically manage the US marketing budget to meet all lead gen and sales goals
- Create new content to engage and nurture prospects through the funnel including webinars, eBooks, whitepapers, articles, checklists, etc.
- Promote content through various channels to bring in new leads
- Build relationships with thought leaders who can provide insight into our target market and help produce valuable content for our customers
- Design and build e-mail nurture programs that engage prospects and move them through the funnel
- Manage SmartVault presence at tradeshows including selection of booth size & location, creating booth assets, creating a plan for increasing booth traffic, understanding the needs of sales at the show, negotiating speaking slots, coordinating all show logistics, and creating a dynamic follow-up plan for leads to optimize ROI
- Manage relationships with partners and seek opportunities for co-marketing activities that elevate the SmartVault brand and increase our reach within the market
- Work with the Senior Marketing Operations Manager to create and implement testing of website messaging and conversion points
- Collaborate with the sales team to understand the customer journey, common objections during the sales cycle, and the pain points of our account managers. It’s your job to optimize the sales process as much as possible using content, technology, sales promotions, campaigns, and anything else you can think of. Sales LOVES marketing at SmartVault and we feel the same about them – this is truly a team effort and we need someone who will embrace our sales team and be their #1 cheerleader.
- Help us create our ABM strategy. As we look to increase ASP, we are hoping to utilize ABM tactics to act as a power-up to our inbound strategy and need someone who can jump in at the helm and help us figure it out.
To succeed in this role
You must be...
- Focused on data – we have lots of it, and you must use it to back up your decisions.
- Curious – those that are life-long learners are great fits at SmartVault. If you are a person who always want to figure things out, dig in the data, and google your heart out to learn new skills, you’ll fit right in.
- A self-starter – we’re looking for someone who is ready to hit the ground running and doesn’t wait around for someone to tell them what to do.
- Detail-oriented – to succeed in this position, you must have meticulous attention to detail. If people say “Man, she thinks of everything!” about you, that’s a good sign!
- Creative – while we are B2B and security is a serious business, we are not a boring brand or company! If you’ve led really fun, creative campaigns that have seen serious ROI, let’s chat.
- Accountable – you must be someone who takes ownership over your responsibilities. If something is on your plate, you’ll get it done and communicate status and results effectively.
- A communicator – we need someone who is strong at written and verbal communication. You’ll be responsible for creating content, promotions, and campaigns that represent our brand and you’ll collaborate with every department at SmartVault, so effective communication skills are a must.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- 6-10 years of experience in marketing roles, with demonstrated career progression
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, psychology (or other social science) preferred
- An MBA is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Must be a strong writer and content creator (including blog posts, eBooks, whitepapers, email copy, and other customer-facing resources)
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional teams
- Analytical skills to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of demand gen efforts
- Ability to think strategically and see beyond the day-to-day grind to take initiative on reaching marketing and sales goals, create a stronger brand, and improve the customer experience
- Technical knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools and channels, including CRM, Salesforce, and marketing automation platforms
Who We Are...
The SmartVault Marketing Team
We are an expanding, global team who works hard to lead growth strategies within the organization. We’ve adopted the agile methodology for marketing and have been able to do some amazing things with limited time and resources (we’ve received 7 AMA Crystal Awards in the past two years!). We are backed up by a strong in-house operations & analytics team to support us with process, technology, and data. Strong collaboration between the Senior Marketing Manager, operations teams, sales team, customer success team, product team and regional marketing managers is key to ensure all growth goals are met.
SmartVault Team Culture and Values
SmartVault is a collaborative environment, where the number one goal is to strive to solve problems for our customers. We use data to make informed decisions, and we work hard to be transparent with each other and with our customers. Our ultimate purpose is to make people’s lives better at work, so they can focus on higher-value activities in their business or personal life. Learn more about our business and our values.
We seek to hire the best person for every position, offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as a casual work environment with a snack-stocked kitchen and various forms of caffeine, a generous vacation plan and time off for volunteer efforts, company matching 401K plan, company-sponsored events, and a competitive health insurance plan.
SmartVault is an equal opportunity employer.