Product Marketing Manager
SmartVault, a B2B SaaS company located in Houston, TX, is currently seeking a detail-oriented, technical yet creative, self-starter to join our dynamic and growing global marketing team as the Product Marketing Manager. Your job is to help connect the dots between what our product does and the value it brings to our customers.
We’re looking for a team player that thrives in a highly collaborative environment to get sh*t done. We’re a small team that makes a big impact, so we need a go-getter that’s ready to jump right into the action!
Here's a peek at what you'll do:
Become the expert on our buyer and user personas and understand the planning and decision-making cycle
Conduct competitive analysis for all products and use this to create positioning messages & drive the product roadmap
Conduct market & customer research to validate & inform new feature/product ideas
Responsible for the communication of personas, competitive analysis, and research to all teams at SmartVault (marketing, sales, customer success, product)
Develop positioning and messaging framework for all SmartVault products to ensure consistency across all assets
Create a variety of assets to support the buyer journey (web page updates, sales enablement tools, presentations, etc.)
Be a SmartVault evangelist! Take advantage of opportunities to educate our audience and customers via social channels, webinars, in-person events, etc.
Collaborate closely with Product Management, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success to take the product and connect its value to our end users
To succeed in this role
You must be...
- Focused on data – we have lots of it, and you must use it to back up your decisions.
- Curious – those that are life-long learners are great fits at SmartVault. If you are a person who always want to figure things out, dig in the data, and google your heart out to learn new skills, you’ll fit right in.
- A self-starter – we’re looking for someone who is ready to hit the ground running and doesn’t wait around for someone to tell them what to do.
- Detail-oriented – to succeed in this position, you must have meticulous attention to detail. If people say “Man, she thinks of everything!” about you, that’s a good sign!
- Accountable – you must be someone who takes ownership of your responsibilities. If something is on your plate, you’ll get it done and communicate status and results effectively.
- A communicator – we need someone who is strong at written and verbal communication. You’ll be responsible for creating content, promotions, and campaigns that represent our brand and you’ll collaborate with every department at SmartVault, so effective communication skills are a must.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
3-5 years of experience in a product marketing role
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, analytics, or a related field
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Meticulous attention to detail
Strong project management skills
Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve goals
Proven track record of defining and conveying value of products and technologies to buyers and decision-makers
Who We Are...
The SmartVault Marketing Team
We are an expanding, global team who works hard to lead growth strategies within the organization. We’ve adopted the agile methodology for marketing and have been able to do some amazing things with limited time and resources (we’ve received 7 AMA Crystal Awards in the past two years!). Our charter is to create an efficient, yet meaningful, customer journey and we’re excited to find the perfect product marketing rock start to help us get there.
Working at SmartVault
You can expect a collaborative environment, where the number one goal is to strive to solve problems for our customers. We use data to make informed decisions, and we work hard to be transparent with each other and with our customers. Our ultimate purpose is to make people’s lives better at work, so they can focus on higher-value activities in their business or personal life.
We seek to hire the best person for every position, offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as a casual work environment with a snack-stocked kitchen and various forms of caffeine, a generous vacation plan and time off for volunteer efforts, parental and family leave, company matching 401K plan, company-sponsored events, and a competitive health insurance plan.
SmartVault is an equal opportunity employer.