CONTRACT - Technical Writer
SmartVault is seeking a Technical Content Writer to revamp our support center and create training materials for our customers. This position is a special project contract with the opportunity to keep contributing content on a regular basis.
What you will do:
- Update and create thorough, accurate customer-facing technical documentation for SmartVault users
- Create and maintain documentation templates and style guide
- Follow the SmartVault style guide to ensure consistency across all content published to the knowledge base
- Follow best practices for article structure and tagging to maximize search effectiveness and Answer Bot performance
- Provide structural and organizational improvements for the knowledge base wireframe
- Adjust or eliminate existing content to achieve the greatest impact for search optimization and clarity of concepts
What you will know:
- Excellent written communication skills and proven ability to make complex topics easy and engaging
- Skilled in image capture, cropping, and placement using Snag-It or similar tool
- Ability to quickly learn complex product features and turn them into concise documentation for easy comprehension
- Experience writing user guides and troubleshooting guides, and KnowledgeBase articles for complex products
The initial project will require 10-20 hours per week, for approximately 12 weeks.
SmartVault is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Email your resume and hourly rate to email@example.com