Sample Email for Client Users
Use this sample copy to help you introduce the value of SmartVault to your clients and the benefits they will get from the service you are providing to them. This also gives your clients information on how they will set up their SmartVault user ID and download the SmartVault Desktop softawre
Note: This copy is designed for clients you purchased client licenses for, and who will utilize the SmartVault Toolbar plug-in for QuickBooks, the SmartVault Drive (for uploading and accessing documents using a mapped drive), and the SmartVault Inbox (for scanning and uploading documents for later processing by the client or by the firm.) A sample email for portal-only guest users is available at http://www.smartvault.com/support/guest-sample-email/.
As one of your trusted business advisors, at
<Firm Name> we are always looking for ways to improve our service to you and to ensure you get the information you need when you need it. As a result, we have identified and will be rolling out new technology that supports a streamlined, paperless office, secure file sharing and online document storage using a secure online client portal. Additionally, we will improve the workflow for exchanging data and documents with our QuickBooks clients. With these new capabilities you will have real-time access to your documents and files any time, any where, when you need them.
To provide this secure online document storage, client portal and seamless QuickBooks integration, we have partnered with SmartVault (www.smartvault.com), an award-winning online document storage and secure file sharing solution with seamless integration with QuickBooks. The technology allows us to easily store, view, and exchange files with you using a secure online client portal—offering you any time, anywhere access to your documents and the assurance that you are always viewing the most current data. SmartVault also provides additional capabilities for QuickBooks users that will improve the workflow between you and the firm. These new capabilities provide you with the following benefits:
- Enjoy access to your files any time via the Internet or your Web-enabled mobile device (Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, etc.) Your data is at your fingertips 24/7.
- Relax knowing your data is always backed up. SmartVault offers offsite backup of all data and documents stored in the SmartVault Client Portal.
- Feel confident that your data is always secure. Exchanging files using a document portal is far more secure than email and more convenient than using a CD, USB device, or snail mail. More information about SmartVault’s secure platform is available at http://www.smartvault.com/company/security.php.
With the SmartVault Desktop Software for QuickBooks users, you will also have access to the following capabilities:
- SmartVault Toolbar Plug-in for QuickBooks – enables you to scan and attach documents directly to entries in QuickBooks.
- SmartVault Inbox – allows you to scan or upload documents into an electronic holding repository for later processing.
- SmartVault Drive – allows you to map a network drive directly to SmartVault and access your files through a familiar Windows Explorer interface or directly from your mobile device.
- QuickBooks Backup and Restore – SmartVault provides the ability for you to backup your QuickBooks company file. This is a very convenient way for you to grant access to the file to the firm.
The benefits of using SmartVault are numerous, but the single biggest driver that led to our adoption of SmartVault is the solution’s ease of use, which eliminates any need for training.
In order to access your secure Client portal and the SmartVault Desktop Software, you will be set up as a SmartVault user in the
<Firm Name> account and will need to take just a few simple steps to activate your SmartVault user ID. The process is as follows:
- You will receive an email from
<insert administrator or vault manager name at the firm here>requesting permission to securely share files from your custom folder in the Client Portal. Click the link within the email to accept the account invitation and create your SmartVault user ID.
- Once your SmartVault user ID is created, you will automatically be signed in to the Client portal where you will access your files.
- A sample of the email you will receive and the short web form you will need to complete in order to create your SmartVault user ID is available at http://help.smartvault.com/index.html#page/SVHelp/AcceptingInvitationsAndCreatingUserIDs.htm.
- Once you are signed in to the Client portal, you will also be able to download the SmartVault Desktop Software from the client portal to leverage the drive mapping, SmartVault Inbox and SmartVault Toolbar plug-in for QuickBooks. More information about how to download the SmartVault Desktop software is available at http://help.smartvault.com/index.html#page/SVHelp/UnderstandingAndInstallingDesktopSoftware.htm
We are looking forward to taking the next step in improving our service to you, and will continue to work to earn your business in the coming year.
<If there is an additional charge to the client for any of these services, you could communicate it here>. We are always here to help, so feel free to contact us with questions or feedback. Call
<firm name contact & phone #> or email